In a day of Reverend and The Makers announcements it has been revealed they will support Noel Gallagher on his arena tour, have recruited new members and are to release a new album this Summer.
Lead singer Jon McClure took to the band’s Facebook page to give the news, he revealed:
1.The band will support Ex Oasis man Noel on his UK arena tour starting in February and will then headline their own tour later on their year.
Details of their own tour will be given out later.
2. The Reverend and The Makers will now include Ryan Jenkinson formerly of The Girl on drums and Joe Carnall has been “borrowed” from The Book Club and will fill the bassist role.
3. According to the note, the album is nearly complete and has been produced by “Jason Cox and James Dring (Gorrrilaz, Good the Bad & the Queen) and Youth (The Verve, U2)”
4. Although a tracklisting and specific release details are to follow at a later date he did divulge that the album will have a summer release date and contain no political content, as some people have mused it may do.
He explains the reason behind that decision by saying: “I’ve said it now and it quickly becomes boring if you labour the point too much. In truth I sort of bored myself with it.”
5. The first two singles from the album will be available to download for free via their Facebook page.
6. The band have signed a Worldwide record deal with Cooking Vinyl (Home of The Prodigy, Marilyn Manson.)